Tuesday 11 October 2011

Papertake Weekly & Passion For Promarkers Double Header!

Good Morning to you & a Happy Tuesday one & all. Buckle your seat belts, I've got a long old post to get through today as I have 2 cards to show you. The first is my GDT card for Papertake Weekly where we want to see cards with

3 DIFFERENT SHAPES
( one can be the card base)



I used this super cutie from the Fairy Glen Xmas release at Sugar Nellie. She's coloured with Distress Inks & the papers are MME Holly Jolly, or is it Jolly Holly?! Of course there is the mandatory glitter every fairy must have, including Glamour Dust on her fur trim & Crackle Glaze sprinkled with pink glitter on her wings. The snowflake was cut with a Spellbinders die & the sentimnet is LOTV.


I love how she turned out & had fun distressing her, which I haven't done for a while. The layout follows the sketch at the current Sugar Bowl challenge.

At Truly Scrumptious the theme is Distressing, as it is at Stamptacular Sunday, so I am entering this card there.

On to my second card of the day. It's my offering for the Passion For Promarkers challenge, where this week the theme was set by my good self & it is,

CHRISTMAS CRITTERS
(ie. Xmas cards with animals on)


I used Christmas Bunnies - Post from last years LOTV Xmas release. It's a shame I couldn't take the photo in daylight as I always hate the radioactive glow they give out in artificial light! The papers are MME. It's hard to see the pattern on the red paper, but it has a lovely self coloured glittery snowflakes. Again with the Glamour Dust on the fur trim & on the snow I used Frosty Lace Stickles. The snowflake is a Martha Stewart punch.


This layout is based on the sketch at Sketch Saturday this week.
I am also entering it at Lili of the Valley where the theme is 'Let it Snow'.

So I hope you now pop on over to see the fabulous creations of my fellow D-Teamies at both Papertake Weekly & Passion For Promarkers. They are all awesome. Play along & you could also win a fabulous prize :~)

***EDITED: LOTV Blog Candy Winner from the Papertake Weekly Blog Hop is


Congratulations!!
E-mail me with your details & I will get you stamp in the post to you :~)

Here are my boys, Jack (the big one) & Ben picking Lisa's name out of the hat. Sorry about the quality of the photos, they soon got over their initial excitement & wouldn't pose for a better one! As you can see Ben has been taking tips from Paul McCartney on how to pose for photos; does he ever have a picture taken without giving a thumbs up!!



Thanks so much for looking,
Big Hugs,
Andie xx

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww this is adorable, love your sweet stamp and gorgeous papers... yes me too prefer to take the photos in the daylight, they always come out better xxx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Andie ,, the images are lovely and the sparkle and design of both is fabulous :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Grenouille Greetings said...

So many simply gorgeous creations since my last visit Andie! You always wow me with your colour work and your cuties and critters really come to life with their perfect hair (fur - in some cases) and pretty folds and highlights in their clothes. These two makes are beautiful! Fabby papers, fabby everything! Hugs, Lesley

aardvarkpest said...

Two gorgeous cards. Both images are adorable.Love the sprinkling of sparkle too.

Glenda

Stampalicious said...

this is gorgeous! I love your colouring! thank you for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday, hugs, Martina

Tamara Morton said...

Hi Andie, gorgeous cards with perfect colouring!! so looking forward to working with the Secret Crafter team.
Hugs
Tamara

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous adorable cards Andie.
luv
Debby

Wendy said...

Fab card Hun love it thank you for joining us at truly scrumptious for our distressing challenge.


Wendy DT TS

Susie Little said...

What a sweet little bunny, thank you for playing along at Sketch Saturday with your beautiful card!xx

Julie said...

Two stunning cards, Andy!! Your colouring is flawless on both and your designs and embellies just fabulous!!! Love the pics of your boys too - what a pair of good lookers!!! Hugs, Juliexx

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful cards!! I love them both! Gorgeous coloring and love all the sparklies!! Fabulous detailing!
hugs, Sharon

BrossArtAddiction said...

Wow adorable cards and cute kids too! Love the images you've used on both and all the sparkle!! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday and Good luck! :D

Hugz & TFS,
xx Tracey/SS-DT xx

xxxtglxxx said...

Fabulous cards :) They look terrific! Awesome colouring too.

Have a great weekend,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Ms Schnaderle said...

Hello,

i like the way you set the glitter.
The images are so cute and lovly colored.

Big Hug
Ms Schnaderle

Merlyn said...

Really superb card:) I love the stamp..Really very cute one :)

Marlies said...

Both your cards are realy beautiful and such cute images!! Beautiful colouring! Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious,
hugs, Marlies