Wednesday 8 July 2009

Whiff of Joy Blog Hop DT Challenge


Ummed & aahed whether to have a go at this, as the WOJ DT standard is so high, but thought why not & I certainly had fun trying!! It's based on the fab sketch provided by Katharina herself, & took me outside of my comfort zone. Usually I stick to a square card, but this made me think outside the box so to speak & I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I love this duck, she strikes me as a bit of a lush! I wonder what the appeal could be, LOL! I coloured her with my DIs, but used glaze on the glass & bottle & glitter pens on the water, but these do not show up so well in the photo. I need to get me some glimmer mist, as those flowers would have looked fab with a little extra sparkle. The DPs are Crate Paper. Nearly missed the deadline though as I had internet connection problems & it took me ages to get my post on.
Hope everyone is having a great week.
Regards,
Andie xx

3 comments:

lil-paper-pixie said...

Lovely card Andie, good luck with the DT hunni.

Hugs

Sarah

Dena said...

Oh how wonderful all your details are!!! This is just adorable. I do like this sketch and may work with it at another time. Your swirls look perfect with the sketch. Best of luck to you! You are one talented gal! Hugs, Dena

Cheryl said...

Hi Andie,your card is amazing!!! You have a good eye for colour and details,your colouring is perfect! Thankyou for your lovely comment and becoming a follower,I have also become your follower and look forward to seeing more of your creations.I use Derwent Inktense Watercolour pencils to colour in,I just can't seem to master colouring with inks......I might need to practise some more.There is a blog that has a watercolour tutorial using Stampin'Up! inkpads her name is Amy and she is amazing Here is the link I hope this helps.
xx