Saturday 4 July 2009

Summertime Miss Anya


I have been trying to resist the Miss Anyas for ages. I don't usually spend so much in one go on a stamp set. I prefer to buy individual stamps as it feels like I am getting more. However, Dies to Die For had them back in stock (briefly) this week & I took the plunge! I just love The Greeting Farm stamps, they are so easy to colour & the images are such fun. I chose this little lady first as the challenge at Spoonfull of Sugar this week is summer & Anya here, looks all set for the heatwave we have been having. I coloured her, as usual, with my Distress Inks, but this time used Tea Dye for her skintone to give her a bit of a tan(I usually use Tattered Rose). My photos do not really pick this up though. I paper pieced her skirt (what there is of it! - Glad I have sons & not daughters, LOL), & used a glitter pen on her shades. I based my card on the fab sketch at Papertake Weekly. You will have to take my word for it but the rosette ribbon flowers I have had for ages in my stash, look better in real life than the photo makes out. My DPs, by the way, are MME sent to me by the wonerfully kind & gargantually talented Dena, (Hey Bud!).
Hope everyone in blogland is having a great weekend!

Regards,
Andie

2 comments:

lil-paper-pixie said...

So sweet Andie, love the little flowers.

Hugs

Sarah

jenny said...

Gorgeous summery card Andie, love the ribbon flowers x

Jenny x